The mission of the Mass Tech Collaborative (MassTech) is to strengthen the Massachusetts innovation economy by driving new opportunities for next generation tech and innovation companies to start, locate, grow and thrive in regions and communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Massachusetts eHealth Institute (MeHI) at MassTech is the designated state agency for promoting Health IT innovation, technology and competitiveness to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of health care across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
MeHI is hiring an Account Manager who will be responsible for providing HIE (Health Information Exchange) focused consulting and account management services to healthcare organizations as part of the Provider Consulting Services to Promote HIE Adoption and Utilization contract between the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) and Mass Tech.
This position is based in the MassTech Boston office with frequent travel to meetings across the state.
Under the supervision of the Account Management and Consulting Project Director, the Account Manager will perform the following:
Relationship Management and Consulting
- Engage prospective participants to promote the use of HIE technology (Enrollment), and support the enrolled participants by providing account management services.
- Identify prospective participants and valuable trading partners for them through engagement with current HIway participants or identification through other state initiatives (such as MassHealth ACOs, Community Partners Program)
- Communicate with these prospective participants in one on one or group settings explaining the capabilities of an HIE and benefits of participating in an HIE
- Evaluate technical alternatives and work with participant organization. MeHI’s Technical Project Manager and Mass HIway vendor (Orion) to select the most appropriate connectivity approaches
- Work with organizations to help them understand the benefits of integrating HIE technology into their business/clinical practices and workflows and provide consulting and advisory services to help them use HIE technology to support their high value use cases
- Document the current state of an organization’s clinical health information exchange capabilities and establish future goals for health information exchange by documenting the technology and workflow capabilities that must be in place to reach those goals
- Work with Technical Project Manager to complete the in-depth technical assessments of Health IT requirements for provider organizations; build upon these completed assessments by developing HIE focused projects with input from the participant organization and the rest of the project team
- Facilitate calls and in-person meetings with provider organizations, trading partners, vendors and MassHIway vendor (Orion Health) as needed to progress HIE projects
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on these projects
- Identify and solve problems that inhibit the successful electronic exchange of information between trading partners
- Provide content for the development of materials explaining HIEs and the Mass HIway, including brochures, presentations, web content, HIE case studies, operational guides and implementation guides
- Maintain records of meetings and calls with assigned organizations in Sugar CRM
- Participate in the development of project tools that document the current and future states for technological and workflow capabilities for use on HIE projects, presentations, brochures and evaluation tools to measure the outcomes of an HIE project by providing content and subject matter expertise
- Develop HIE case studies for selected HIE use case projects
- Attend quarterly HIT Council Meetings as requested
- Attend meetings with MeHI staff and Mass HIway’s Project Manager on a regular basis
- Maintain strong knowledge of federal and state HIE priorities and standards, and statewide health initiatives that will be supported by the use of health information exchange (e.g. MassHealth ACOs, Community Partners Program)
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify issues, trends and opportunities to promote health information exchange and digital health initiatives.
- Perform additional tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the MeHI Director, the MassTech Executive Director or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in health care, technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- A master’s degree is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in a health care technology or industry position, in the private or public sectors, with demonstrated experience planning or implementing eHealth solutions.
- Experience consulting on electronic health records or health information exchange implementations is highly encouraged.
- Successful project management or related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully and collaboratively as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, research solutions and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex issues and design and deliver creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of constituencies across community, industry and political domains.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a keen focus on producing accurate, high-quality work.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage complex projects to successful completion
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce.com, preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel throughout the State to meetings and provider locations.